10/4/09

Emma Kristine Petersen

Emma is finally here! She was born on September 27 at 8:25 am. She weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and was 20 in long. I was going to be induced on Monday the 28th along with 8 other women so the hospital was going to be busy and we might have not been able to be started that day anyway. Saturday I started having contractions and by that night we were headed to the hospital. I was quite the eventful delivery. Emma had stained the amniotic, wrapped the cord around her neck, and aspirated the fluid when she came out. She had to stay in the NICU while in the hospital. Brock and I were discharged on Tuesday and Emma had to stay til Wednesday morning. Here are some pictures of the steps along the way to getting her home.




Brock and I shortly before Emma was born.




Emma right after she was born.



Our New Family

No comments: